Friday, July 8, 2011

Little Things Make Me Happy














Last month I missed the challenge deadline at Jay Gee's Nook by a few hours.  I was so annoyed at myself but was determined not to miss the next one and am getting my card in nice and early.  I was inspired by the picture in the lower right corner of the photo collage - love that white octopus on the turquoise background.  I also wanted to join in with the challenge at All Things Unity which involves using butterflies.  It seems like almost every Unity set I have has a butterfly but I hadn't inked up this one yet so I thought I'd dust it off and try it out.
Supplies:  CS: PTI; Stamps: Unity & PTI; Inks: VersaMark & VersaMagic Cloud White; Embossing Powder: Ranger Seafoam White; Nestie: Lacey Circles
I was so excited earlier today to see a manta ray swimming around down by our dock!  I haven't seen one in our bay in years and he spent quite a while tootling around down there.  They really are gorgeous creatures and I am so blessed to have an aquarium in my back yard!

12 comments:

Karen B. said...

Whoo hoo, congrats on your VIP card at CAS-ual Fridays! Love the serenity of this card.

Lynn said...

Love this Jen...you've been shopping too...I spy Chevron stripes :) Great take on both challenges!

Jay Gee said...

It must be fun to wander down to the dock and see all the fascinating sea life that you do! That butterfly image is so pretty, lovely card. So glad you made the deadline this month :)

Kim S said...

Wow! This card is definitely going to make someone happy!

~Tammy~ said...

This card is so awesome! Love the chevron stripes! It adds such a nice and subtle touch! Love that twine too!

Jenny said...

Love your card Jen, my favourite colour combo...although I love anything with Kraft :)
Jenny x

Jocelyn Olson said...

Don't you hate when you miss the deadlines--ugh. I love how you made the chevron on half the card. BIG congrats on your PC publication!!! I am so excited for you!!!!

kasia c. said...

Gorgeous! I love the colours and that wonderful chevron background. :)

So cool about that manta ray!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I cannot believe you haven't inked this set---love it! LOVE the simplicity and all the details:) Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at ATU!

Robin said...

Love the way you used the chevron in white on the kraft.. super fab! Thanks for the nice comments on my blog!
Cheers,
Robin

Emily Leiphart said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Jen! I love how you tied the twine through the lacey circle. Oh, and you have Chevron Stripes?!

Unknown said...

Love the white on blue, and those chevron stripes. Thanks for playing along with us this month .... cheers Ange