Saturday, August 6, 2011

Back on the Rock

Hello hello, Bloggie Friends!  I've been back on the rock for about a week now and am only just getting back into carding.  Work has been a little nuts this week as a new computer system was installed last weekend so we're all scrambling to get the hang of it and work out all the kinks.  On the home front, there's something about coming back from a trip that always sets me on a bit of a cleaning frenzy so the apartment has been getting a top to bottom scrub down and clear out.  Only the kitchen left to complete...


Our trip to Toronto went well and I had a better time than I expected given my dislike of dresses and weddings!  LOL!  The wedding and reception were events to behold. Portuguese bride + Italian groom = 1 huge party and enough food to put a Carnival cruise to shame!  :)  Luis got to catch up with family he hadn't seen in ages which he really enjoyed and I got to meet those I hadn't on met on the last trip.  


The best part of the trip was last Friday which was my birthday.  Luis and I went into Toronto and spent the morning puttering around and shopping.  Then later in the day we went to meet Emily Leiphart!  It was so cool to finally meet in person after becoming blog buddies.  Emily presented me with this gorgeous card using the Twinery's new colours.
She also gave me a sample pack of Twinery twine as I only have a few strands of it (that, ironically, I won on Emily's blog awhile back) so now I have some of each colour!  So sweet of her.  We hung out with Emily and her adorable son for a while.  Emily and I chattered away about cards and blogs and such while I poked around in her craft stash and we played trains with the little guy.  Once hubby came home we all headed out for a bite to eat and we got to watch Little Speedracer on his awesome bike.  Boy can he move!  He was all decked out in his helmet and fingerless gloves and looked too cool shooting off down the sidewalk.  Then at dinner he entertained up with a one man dance party!  It really was an awesome evening and hopefully the next time we're in Toronto we'll be able to spend a little longer together - not to mention we'll get to see the new house!  :)


Before I go I also wanted to also share this adorable card I got from Jenny.  We recently did a stamps for die trade when we realised we each had doubles of some items and tucked in with the Tim Holtz die I received was this adorable card:
 I love how the embroidery floss is threaded through the little needle!  Awesome!


Okay, off to produce some cards of my own.  See you again soon!  :)

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Great to have you back again Jen, so glad you enjoyed your trip. So glad you liked the card...you put me to shame tho as I haven't got round to blogging yours yet!
Jenny x

Lynn said...

Happy return home! So wonderful to hear about your visit with Emily!

Brandi said...

Happy late birthday girl! Glad to hear to had a great trip!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Happy belated birthday! Glad you had fun in Toronto!

Sudha said...

Happy belated birthday. Lovely creations too.

Anonymous said...

OOooh! I missed it, Happy Birthday!
Welcome back!

Emily Leiphart said...

Hooray for meeting blogland friends! :D Glad you had a great time at the wedding and here with us. I love Jenny's card, too!