Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fun Fun Fun!


Last week ColourQ celebrated it's 100th challenge and this week Just Us Girls has also reached the 100th challenge milestone!  They've brought out their inaugural sketch from October 2009 for their 100th which I think is a cute idea.  It was fun to look back at the first DT entries and then see what they're doing now.  I'm not so great with sketches but as with ColourQ I couldn't miss out on the 100th challenge so I sucked it up!  For my card I turned the sketch sideways.  I used stamps from Unity's August Kit of the Month and an old ColourQ colour combo.  I love this ferris wheel image and if you come back and visit tomorrow you too could have some Fun Fun Fun with it!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill Basics, (Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry) Stampin' Up, (Green) Craft Supply
Stamps:  (Polka dots from Polka Dot Basics II) PTI, (All others from What I Know - August 2011 KOM) Unity Stamp Co
Ink:   (Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry) Stampin' Up, (VersaMark) Tsukineko
Impression Plate:  (Linen & Canvas) PTI
Embossing Powder:  (Seafoam White) Ranger
Dies:  (Nestabilities Standerd Ovals Large) Spellbinders, (Stacking Stars) Die-Namics
Punch:  (1/2" Circle) Marvy Uchida
Other:  (Glossy Accents) Ranger
  

10 comments:

Lynn said...

I love that ferris wheel stamp...so whimsical and fun Jen!

Brandi said...

What a cute circus theme! How fun!

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

love the colour palette you have used and it's colours i never would have thought to put together, but they look awesome ... that must be why you design and i just case!

Jenny said...

Love how you twisted the sketch and made it whimsy with the arrows instead of the ribbon (much more you)!
Great colour combo too :)
Jenny x

Karen B. said...

Hmmm, what's gong on tomorrow?! Love your fun bright happy colors, goes so well with the stamp!

AKiteFlier said...

Ah very cool! Oooh ferris wheels - scary for me - not a fan since a long time ago BF used to rock the seat. YIKES but I like the card. Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS this week for #100 we really appreciate your support and participation.

Elise said...

{Yikes! LOVE that image!} What wonderful colors and stampalicious craftiness displayed here! {!} Love your use of the Just Us Girls Sketch - THANK YOU, sooooo much, for joining us this week and celebrating the big 100 with us!

~amy~ said...

such a fun take on the sketch!

Anonymous said...

Jen this is just super cute! I adore that ferris wheel stamp and that wonderful colour blocking. LOVE it!

Emily Leiphart said...

Eeek, what fabulous colours! I love how you turned the sketch, too. It works wonderfully with those stamps!