Thursday, September 13, 2012

Big City Congrats


I wanted to play along with the colour challenge over at the Paper Players but I think I've put myself out of the running because I added a speck of yellow onto the card.  :)  I wanted the card to have it's moment in the sun anyway though so here it is.  I was thinking of congrats on a promotion or a new apartment for this card which is why I popped the yellow in that top window.  Have a lovely evening!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Daffodil Delight, Baja Breeze, Basic Grey) Stampin' Up

Stamps:  (Buildings & road from Metropolis, Sentiment from Simply Said) Paper Smooches
Inks: (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Gems:  (Beetle Black assortment) Doodlebug

16 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

This is such an awesome card Jen. You nailed the colours!

Maureen Morton said...

I don't know the rules (but I often break rules!), but I think that the touch of yellow is the perfect element in your design. Great eye-catching focus - you have rocked this. I like the sideways sentiment, too. Congrats to YOU!

Karen B. said...

Wow! Bold graphic and the yellow window has so much soul for such a tiny speck.

lostinpaper said...

Great use of the colours and the pop of yellow is genius!

Michelle said...

I love it, Jen! And the little touch of yellow totally makes the card. :-)

Lynn said...

Oh wow! Love this! The city scape is awesome!

Glenda J said...

This is so fun! Love the great layout and the one yellow window. Fabulous!

Lindsey said...

Pffft, one square of yellow should not disqualify this cute card! I like a lot!

Ann Schach said...

Fabulous card, Jen! So clean and classy! I love the single yellow window! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Lisa Arana said...

I am so in love with this card!!! Brilliant design.

Anne Marie Hile said...

That little pop of yellow is PERFECT, Jen!! I love everything about this one! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Jenny said...

Love this Jen, those colours lend themselves perfectly to such a contemporary design. Great idea for a new apartment/flat card :0)
Jenny x

Laurie said...

Hey there lady! I love this card!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Surely they won't disqualify you for this tiny bit of yellow! What a marvellous design. Hugs xxx

Ardyth said...

Great colour combo and great idea to leave the lights on in one apartment!

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

love the sentiment behind the yellow window, such a cool idea!