Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Brave Girl Boots


I'm using more old but new to me Unity stamps today. Yes, I confess, I got sucked into the Unity sale at Simon Says Stamp the other week and did a wee bit of shopping...  How's a girl supposed to resist a sale like that???  


Anyway, I'm playing along with the colors at the Play Date Cafe and the Stamptember challenge at Simon Says Stamp.  I love those sassy boots and I think they look fabulous in that peach colour.  I used PTI's Linen & Canvas impression plate on the card base for some texture and thought it made it kind of denimish so I added some eyelets to go along with the cowgirl/denim theme.
  
Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Night of Navy, Sahara Sand) Stampin' Up, (Melon Berry) PTI
Stamps:  (Brave Boots) Unity Stamp Company
Ink: (VersaMark) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Clear Ranger
Impression Plate:  (Linen & Canvas) PTI
Die:  (Nesties Labels One) Spellbinders
Eyelets:  We R Memory Keepers

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Love the sentiment...and the color combo is fabulous!

~amy~ said...

Lovin' those sassy boots:) Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love those boots Jen. Great card.

Lindsey said...

Unity sales... too often my downfall, too! :D But who cares when you get awesome results like this? Love the tone-on-tone embossing and the addition of the eyelets.

Karen B. said...

I wish I had some brave girl boots right about now....great card, great colors!

Helen F. said...

Oh how I wish I had a pair of those Brave Girl Boots :o)
Love this, Jen!

lostinpaper said...

Congrats on your shopping spree... looks like you chose well! Super fun card and those eyelets are the perfect embellie! I'm so trying not to spend at the moment... it's not working though.

Maureen Morton said...

There is nothing like a SSS sale to knock one's boots off, eh? This creation is a real "kick", Jen....love you you added the eyelets (I don't think of those much anymore). Love it.

cheiron said...

Fab card! Great colors and fun sentiment. Thanks for playing along with the Put A Stamp On It Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Lisa Arana said...

I love those sassy boots too!!! You rocked it!