Tuesday, September 25, 2012

CASology #12


 Welcome to Week 12 of CASology!  Here's the cue card for this week:



I was just saying in a previous post that I didn't have much in the shoe department in my stamp collection.  However, I just recently received this cute flip flop die which is perfect for the challenge!  It's still flip flop weather here.  The coolness of the weekend is gone and the humidity is back with a vengeance.  Blerg!  I kept the colour scheme super simple and used an impression plate for a bit of texture on the yellow background.  And, of course, I had to add a few gems!  :)  

What shoes have you got tucked away in your crafty closets?  Can't wait to see them!  And be sure and take a look at the gorgeous creations by the rest of the design team:





Also this week's guest designer:

Link up your creations to the CASology blog and remember that submissions are due by Sunday, 30 September at noon CST.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Gina K, (So Saffron, Sahara Sand, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple) Stampin' Up

Stamp:  (Sentiment from Aug '09 KOM - Following My Heart) Unity Stamp Co
Ink:  (Raspberry Ripple) Stampin' Up
Die:  (Flip Flops) Lifestyle Crafts
Punch:  (2" square, Corner rounder) Marvy Uchida
Impression Plate:  (Linen & Canvas) PTI
Gems:  (Lily White assortment) Doodlebug
Copic:  (RV34)

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your flip flops. Your card makes me wish I was on holiday somewhere warm...

Kim S said...

I love your layout and color choices - such a happy card!!!

Ardyth said...

Beautiful rich colours, as always! Sadly my flip flops have gone away until next year! Thanks for the reminder of sunny days!

Joyce said...

So sweet. It is a happy day when one can wear flip flops. I'm still in mine, as it is still summer here in San Diego.

Jenny said...

I spotted your previous comment and wondered what you would make :0) I'm really digging those bright summery colours and luuurve the polaroid style frame too..... cute card Jen :0)
Jenny x

Rosemary said...

cute, cute, cute, jen! love how you framed up the flip flops!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen I love that flip flop die and I agree wearing flip flops is a happy day!

Jay Gee said...

LOL, I love that word 'flip flop' - here is Australia we call them 'thongs' and back home in NZ they are known as 'jandals'. Love the colours and the cute little frame :)

Lindsey said...

What a fun colour combination! LOVE these flip flop dies. Very fun card!

Lynn said...

It's moving past flip flop weather here pretty quickly, but I'm holding on as long as possible! This is such a sweet card Jen!

Karen B. said...

This is a simply adorable use of those flip flop dies, I love the colors!

N@ Ali said...

fun and fresh ; )

Jocelyn Olson said...

Those are so cute! Now you have me wondering about shoe stamps....I'm with you on the paltry collection. All the angles are super cool, and I love, love the color combination.

Emily Leiphart said...

So cute! I love the flip flops in the polaroid frame.

Chrissy Larson said...

Totally love this card!

Jessi Fogan said...

I can't wait to play along again finally - I got an idea right away & no one else has done it yet. THAT NEVER HAPPENS! Love the flip-flops - and tucking them in the polaroid like that totally makes me think of the hipster Instagram photos all over FB...but in a GOOD way :)

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

LOVE the polaroid (sp?) look, totally suits my most FAVOURITE shoes ;)

Judy1223 said...

LOVE the sweet flip flops...definitely the "shoe of choice" among my daughters!

Benzi said...

So CUTE...love the flip flop die. I am wearing flip flops at this very moment. Hate to see winter come and ff go...I guess I'll wear them through the winter (inside my house only). :-)

Jean said...

It's day to day here in Wisconsin whether or not it is warm enough for flip flops. Fun fun, fun card!

Bonnie said...

I love flip flops! They're my favorite shoes!

Aileen said...

Lovely snap shot of your flip flops. Super card. x