Monday, September 24, 2012

Moving Flower


After my post the other day about not letting the Moxie Fab World intimidate me I realised I only had a little bit of time left to play along with the Card Design Handbook challenges Cath is hosting.  I've played along with the Repetition, Focal Point and Gallon/Quart/Pint challenges and decided I'd try to squeeze in an entry for each of the other two challenges as well.  Of course, these are the ones I find the hardest.  :)  So this card is for the Movement challenge.  The curve of the leaves creates a clockwise flow around the card from the bottom right corner around and up to the sentiment.  The white twine in the buttons ties into the sentiment and brings you back to the start. 

I'm also going to submit this to the PaperCrafts monthly Gallery Challenge.  This time we're supposed to use natural elements.  The flower was die cut from a sheet of wood veneer I got from a friend who was cleaning out his workshop.  Love the woodgrain on it and the sheet is huge so there may be many more woodgrain embellishments to come!   


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Lucky Limeade, Night of Navy) Stampin' Up

Stamps:  (Bit of Burlap, Sentiment from Great Big Greetings) Market Street Stamps
Inks: (VersaMark) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Seafoam White) Ranger
Dies:  (Beautiful Blooms II #1, Turning a New Leaf) PTI
Buttons:  (Fabrications Linen collection) Teresa Collins
Embroidery Floss:  (White) Janlynn

11 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Jen, you captured the movement perfectly.

Lynn said...

Woot! Woot! What an awesome take on both challenges Jen!

Lindsey said...

This is perfect for the movement challenge! Nice score on the veneer, too. ;)

Chan said...

This is beautiful, Jen! :D I'm loving the wood veneer flower and the layered buttons!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jen! Thanks for linking this up to the Movement Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Ardyth said...

Great use of the colours and the natural elements. I don't get this movement stuff at all, but definitely my eyes moved around to take it all in, so that's good, right? lol!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Ooooo...this is VERY cool. The woodgrain jumps out in a fabulous way! I can't believe you managed to make cards for each MFW category--woo hoo!

Jessi Fogan said...

Love the burlap texture on those flowers! I have GOT to remember to pull out that stamp more often. And the wood flower & stacked buttons make a fab focal point :)

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

such a cool card, love that you don't know where to look first as everything catches your eye, awesome job jen xx

lostinpaper said...

Love how everything leads to that funky 'woodgrain' flower!