Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Take It With a Grain of Salt



I haven't had a margarita in a loooooong time but I do remember that they used to go down way too easily!  :) Dangerous little drinks they were but I thought they'd be perfect for the two current "black and white plus a colour" challenges that are going on.  CAS-ual Fridays is letting us choose our colour while Dynamic Duos has asked us to use Lucky Limeade with our black and white.  I used the sketch from Retrosketches for my layout and I used the obligatory touch of Stickles Clear Rock Candy to give the salty rim of the glass a little sparkle.  :)  I'm hoping to get back with another entry for CAS-ual Fridays with a different colour but we'll see if time allows.  Have a lovely day!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Lucky Limeade) Stampin' Up

Stamps:  (Drink & sentiment from Tiki Time) Market Street Stamps, (Circles from Background Basics: Circles) PTI
Inks: (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Clear) Ranger
Glitter:  (Stickles Clear Rock Candy) Ranger
Copics:  YG03, YG23

19 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Great card Jen, and I love that sentiment! Very creative!

Michelle said...

Ha ha! Love it! :-)

Karen B. said...

Great minds think alike (or I think like you!)! Fun card.

Joyce said...

What a fun card. It looks very refreshing and sophisticated.

~amy~ said...

How fun!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, great image.

Lynn said...

A grain of salt...and your beaches in Bermuda please :) Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays Jen...awesome!

Ardyth said...

Love this card - what's that saying, One margaritas, two margaritas, three margaritas (something about hitting the floor?) lol! Great take on the sketch!

Maureen Morton said...

Fun card, kiddo - great use of color, design and a touch of sparkle! Yes, as I recall, these suckers can be deadly. Love it.

Chris Dring said...

What a great card! Love it!

Lindsey said...

Delicious-looking margaritas! Fun card, and a good sentiment, too.

Karen Aicken said...

Ahaha - I love a card with humour. This just too fun. Well done combining the challenges, and thanks for joining the Dynamic Duo's challenge this week.
Cheers, Karen

PiecesbyEmily said...

Oh such a fun card, Jen. I need one of those margaritas for lunch :P

Kim S said...

I believe that is is THE most perfect use of green that I have seen!

Melissa said...

PERFECT choice of an image for this week's colors! :) Love that sentiment too! Thanks for joining us again at Dynamic Duos!

lostinpaper said...

For me, it's Pina Colada's... but it's only 9am in the morning, so maybe I might think about it just a little later on in the day. ps FUN design Jen!

Michelle said...

Fun and fabulous! Love those glasses! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

LOVE the frosting! such an awesome take on the sketch, i honestly don't know how you find such inspiration to make so many different and amazing cards.

Safdar Ali said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.