Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Thank You Apples


I'm slowly getting things sorted with my computer and feeling a bit more confident with it. I can finally upload and edit photos without tearing out my hair and sending Luis and Atticus into hiding.  :)  Now I'm just trying to get back into card making mode.  I'm hoping that the power will stay on this weekend so I can really catch up but Tropical Storm Leslie may have other ideas for us.  She's currently projected to be a Category 2 Hurricane by the time she gets to us late on Saturday.  We'll see though.  These storms move and change so quickly.

Anyway on with today's card!  I made a back to school card for CAS-ual Fridays using the colors from Dynamic Duos.  I did some paper piecing with these Unity apples and used my favourite textured Bazzill cardstock.  I like to use it for really CAS cards as I feel like it gives them just that extra bit of interest.  Okay, must dash off to work now.  Have a wonderful day!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Poppy Parade, Lucky Limeade, Soft Suede) Stampin' Up

Stamps:  (Apples from July '10 KOM - Happily Ever After) Unity Stamp Co, (Sentiment from Scootin' By) Sweet Stamp Shop
Ink: (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Gems:  (Limeade assortment) Doodlebug
Copic:  YG23

19 comments:

Lynn said...

Saying a prayer that the hurricane moves right on by without touching beautiful Bermuda.

Glad your computer is behaving. We should have shared a glass of wine while venting over computers as I am taking way too many pictures to get a good one for the old blog.

Love your sweet apples! Fabulous take on both challenges...and you know I always love to see you at CAS-ual Fridays!

Tracey McNeely said...

Stay safe, I hope Leslie fizzles out Jen. My thoughts will be with you. Your card is fantastic for both challenges.

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautifully simple and fantastic. I love how you answered both challenges. The patterns on the apples are delightful, and you've hit just the right touch of colors, I think. Nice job! Glad you could join Dynamic Duos this week, and I hope you'll be safe from the hurricane!

Glenda J said...

Fabulous card! Love the CAS design.
Crossing my fingers that all goes well and all you are safe.

Lindsey said...

Hope Leslie decides to give you a wide berth this weekend. In the meantime, glad you and your computer are on speaking terms, so you were able to post this sweet CAS card! Love the paper-pieced apples.

Lesley said...

Yikes! Sure hope "Leslie" misses you! It is so scary! Lovely card Jen, that white paper has such a great texture. Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

~amy~ said...

I love your apple card! clean , crisp and wonderful.

yikes on the storm...here's to it going away so that you can craft all weekend:)

Unknown said...

Hope you are all safe! Thinking of you.
Love your perfect CAS card. Love it. Thanks so much for joining us @ CAS-ual Fridays :)

Karen B. said...

Love all the glorious white space with the pops of red!

Melissa said...

Those patterned apples are adorable and I love the little green gemstones! Hope Leslie leaves you alone! Stay safe!!!

Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week! :)

Jenny said...

Can't imagine what that must feel like to know such a blast from Mother Nature is heading your way!!! Fingers crossed for you :0)
Love the cute patterns on the apples, a great CAS design... it's great to see you playing along this week at CASual Fridays too :0)
Jenny x

lostinpaper said...

I would be freaking out with something like that on the way towards me... we get the edges of cyclones here and that's enough for me! Good luck and stay safe!
ps Those apples are too cute!

Christina said...

Keeping you and all of Bermuda in my thoughts this weekend, Jen!
Your patterned apples are adorable, and I'm loving the textured white cardstock you used. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Virginia L. said...

So well done, Jen! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Debby said...

Great use of repetition. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :) I hope you stay safe.

Stephanie Washburn said...

CAS perfection! Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays this week! :)

Lisa Arana said...

perfectly done!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love those gorgeous patterned apples! Vicky x

~Tammy~ said...

You do CAS perfection! I love this and those Patterned apples are fantabulous!

Hope you were not effected by the TS.