Monday, September 24, 2012

Asymmetric Flower?


**This is my second post of the day.  For my Moxie Fab/PaperCrafts post please scroll down or click here!**


Apparently I'm trying to drive myself mad in the photography department today with all these dark card bases.  What a nightmare!  I used the colours from the Play Date Cafe to complete my final entry for the Moxie Fab Card Design Handbook Challenges - the Asymmetry Challenge.  Not sure if it's actually asymmetric enough...  I really struggled with this one!  I'm pleased that I managed to make a card for each of the challenges though.  I'm hoping I can keep this momentum going.


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Pink) Bazzill, (Peach Parfait, Early Espresso) Stampin' Up

Stamps:  (Flower and leaf from To/From Petals) Hero Arts, (Sentiment from Simple Salutations) Market Street Stamps
Inks: (Early Espresso) Stampin' Up
Punch:  (Corner rounder) Marvy Uchida
Gems:  (Bon Bon assortment) Doodlebug
Copic:  (E49)

17 comments:

Karen B. said...

Congrats on getting through all the challenges with fabulous cards! Been thinking of you and wondering how you've been doing coping with one less member in your house.

Tenia Nelson said...

What a wonderful card, dearie!!

Lynn said...

Oh yes...asymmetrical beauty and divine use of the colors Jen!

~amy~ said...

Ooohhhh.....I love this!!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

You are still rocking these chaleenges Jen! Love this!

Jay Gee said...

Striking card Jen - well done on making something for each challenge :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jen! Thanks for linking this up to the Asymmetry Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Alicia said...

I love the dark card base, keep 'em coming! Thanks for sharing your awesome talents with us at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)

Joyce said...

Love how you did the flowers and leaves on this card. I've got this set, and never thought to use it this way. The dark base makes the card so striking.

Lynn said...

So very fun and funky! Love the patterns on those flowers--goes great with the color palette this week. Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe!

Ardyth said...

You are the queen of rich colours - you always make them look so good! Love this card - fantastic use of that colour combination!

Lindsey said...

I like the question mark in your post title. :P I'd say you use asymmetrical designs often, so funny how much it would challenge you. Doesn't show here -- this is a very fine card!

Jocelyn Olson said...

LOL about the photographing a dark base--the photo turned out great. So did the card--it's definitely asymmetrical in a good way (not that hard on the eyes way). ha ha Great card!

JJ Bolton said...

Kudos to you for getting through all the challenges! I didn't quite make it, lol!

I love the look of this card! Kind of modern bohemian:) So cool and perfect for the color combo!

Jessi Fogan said...

I can just imagine how hard this was to photograph! Glad you stuck with it, because it's fabulous! Love those funky colours together (agh, one day I'll rock colour challenges...one day!)

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

such a gorgeous card, almost looks like henna, awesome details

lostinpaper said...

this is amazing Jen! Absolutely great use of the challenge colours and these flowers are so FUNKY!