Monday, October 1, 2012

Counting My Blessings


Every morning, whether I'm going to have crafty time that day or not, I check the latest challenges and print out the sketches/colour combos/etc provided.  On the back I write the date the challenge ends and then I pin them up in chronological order on the bulletin board over my desk in the Craft Cave.  Today I sat down and realised that the Skipping Stones Design sketch challenge ends today so I'd better get on with something if I wanted to enter.   I pondered it a bit and decided it might work with this week's Play Date Cafe colours.  I thought of this SSD wreath (which has never seen ink) and got to work.  I was pretty pleased with my card when I finished, took my photos and trotted down to the computer to write up my post.  I went over to the SSD blog to get the correct link for the challenge and found this:



Look familiar?  Kim Kesti provided the sketch this week and this was her sample.  Doh! How embarrassing!  So has it been in the back of my mind since I looked at the challenge last week??  Clearly it snuck in there subconsciously and my design is now really a CASE so I wanted to give proper recognition to Kim.  

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Kraft) PTI,  (Bravo Burgundy) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Image & sentiment from Everyday Blessings) Skipping Stones Design
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Bravo Burgundy) Stampin' Up
Impression Plate:  (Linen & canvas) PTI
Twine:  (Honeydew) The Twinery
Copics:  (YR16, YG03, R59)


13 comments:

Lynn said...

It is gorgeous! Love both cards...and I am sure Kim would take it as a huge compliment. Love the way you did the twine on your card!

~amy~ said...

great minds think alike...how fun is that?! I love both versions:)

Kim S said...

I so love your use of the colors. The green makes the other colors even more rich! I have the gorgeous wreath and I don't think mine has seen ink either...but now yours is in my subconscious!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen both cards are fabulous. I think that is one of the nicest sentiments. Love that you added the twine.

TesaB said...

Your card is wonderful. Such a gorgeous CAS look with beautiful plum background, the kraft (looove kraft) and gorgeous twine. LOVE your use of the wreath, it's a beauty!!!! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a super rad card!!

kingstonmama said...

It's a fabulous card. I love how you've used the colors. ann Y.

Brandi said...

What a gorgeous card and I love the rich colors you used. The duplication happens to me sometimes to. Ahhh! So may crafters so little amount of space on a card, it is bound to happen.

lostinpaper said...

Your card is really beautiful Jen, and the sentiment is perfect!

Karen B. said...

This is really beautiful, great use of the colors and the sketch! Thanks too for playing at SSD!

Jocelyn Olson said...

LOL! Not embarrassing...I think it happens all the time. I LOVE your card and the dark background. I really like what you did with the twine, too. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

Jessi Fogan said...

Holy moly! Isn't that funny how the brain works? Your card may have been inspired by Kim's, but it's all yours - and I love it! The twine wrap, that gorgeous colouring on the wreath, and the great sentiment :)

Lindsey said...

Wow, gorgeous use of the colours! Your challenge-organization system is rather brilliant, btw. :)