Monday, July 22, 2013

4 For 1 Birthday



Hello and welcome to a new week!  I have a 4 for 1 challenge card today.  Both the Moxie Fab World and Seize the Birthday are hosting birthday card challenges and one can never have too many birthday cards in one's stash!  I used the bright and cheery colour palette from ColourQ and the CAS sketch from the Paper Players to put my card together.  I played with some neglected Hero Arts background stamps to add some texture to the circle and butterfly and used gems to create antennae.  I love these bold colours together and how they pop off of the white.  It totally says, "Celebrate!" to me!




Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Raspberry Ripple, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo) Stampin' Up, (Turquoise) DCWV
Stamps:  (Sentiment from CL340, Envelope Pattern, Flourish Background) Hero Arts
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Signature Series: Butterfly, Double-Ended Banner) Papertrey Ink, (Nesties Standard Circles Large) Spellbinders
Gems:  Recollections

18 comments:

Lynn said...

Love this gorgeous color combo. And I spy the HA envelope stamp. Just used it this weekend after not having used it for a really long time!

Gillian R said...

This is fab Jen, a perfect birthday card. Well done on combining so many challenges as well

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Beautiful!!!!

Darnell said...

Way to nail four challenges with only one big hammer, Jen!! I adore those colors and am swooning over how you used them in your pretty butterfly card!!

Deepti said...

Lovely :) Perfect combining of the challenges :)

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful! Great combination of all the challenges.

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous way to tackle so many challenges Jen! Beautiful card and thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

lostinpaper said...

So sweet Jen, loving this colour combo!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Very sharp and colorful!!!

Lindsey said...

A totally eye-catching colour combo! Great design, too.

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Jen, love all the CAS fun! thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ, always nice to see you here with us!

Maureen Merritt said...

Yup, I am completely in love with this!

LeAnne said...

Aw, three of my favorite challenges, all rolled into one! Fabulous bright, cheerful card! Thanks for playing with the Players this week as well as playing with the CQC colors!

Jessi Fogan said...

I am LOVING that bright bold colour combo! Feels good to play with some older stuff too, I bet - I know I love digging out old stuff now & then & remembering why I loved it in the first place :) Gorgeous antennae - I have to try that!

PapierGirl said...

Beautiful colors - so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday! :)

Lisa Arana said...

wow! this is amazing, you fit 4 challenges into one fabulous card!

Lisa Arana said...

wow! this is amazing, you fit 4 challenges into one fabulous card!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jen! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)