Monday, July 1, 2013

Birthday Flutter By


Good evening!  I'm popping in with a last minute entry for the latest ColourQ challenge and also for the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge.  I love the picture Arielle chose for the inspiration and Vicky's take on it is such a cool literal interpretation.  I stuck with the colours for my inspiration and broke out my Paper Smooches dies for the first time.  Love those butterflies!

Yesterday was way too beautiful to work in the Craft Cave so Luis and I joined Atticus for his swim.  It's the first time this year we've been in the water and it was glorious!  We've agreed that we have to get in there at least once a week and stop taking our waterfront for granted.  


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Orchid) Bazzill, (Summer Starfruit, Pool Party, Basic Grey) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Butterflies from Flap Happy) Paper Smooches, (Sentiment from CL139) Hero Arts
Ink:  (VersaMark) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Seafoam White) Ranger
Gems:  Recollections

19 comments:

None None said...

Just gorgeous, Jen! Love your take on the color challenge and the butterflies are so elegant floating off the gray background,

Give Atti some scratches from me!

Joyce said...

Beautiful card. Your grey background is so striking and those butterflies look beautiful stamped in white.

Lynn said...

I love how the stripes down the side ground this gorgeous design Jen.

Glenda J said...

Wow! You totally rocked these colours. Great work!

Helen F. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen F. said...

Wonderful Birthday card, Jen! Love everything "Butterfly" :)
So happy you got to enjoy some swimming and relaxing outdoor activities~

Sylvia said...

Wonderful CAS card, Jen, I too love the butterflies! So happy you played with us at the colourQ.

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

Darnell said...

Excellent make for the ColourQ challenge, Jen! It sounds like you and Luis are getting the hang of LITS!! Enjoy that sensational water!!

Karen M said...

Love this card, Jen, particularly the bold butterflies with the lovely white embossing! Gorgeous!

Ardyth said...

Love your treatment of these colours!

Lindsey said...

Such a pretty and elegant card, Jen! I think I need those butterflies, even though I already have many, many butterfly stamps. :)

Jessi Fogan said...

Those stripes on the side are perfect! And I am so torn on matching stamps & dies - any time I try to use them, I do it wrong (whether I stamp or cut first). Gah. Practice.
Swimming...I can't wait to bring Abby for her first swim in the lake this summer :)

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! This is absolutely perfect!! Love this!! Amazing colors against the black!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Lisa Arana said...

Love how those colors just POP against the gray card stock. Stunner of a card!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Absolutely have Fluttering in my heart at this card!!!

Darnell said...

Popping back with pleasure to congratulate you on the Courtier win at ColourQ, Jen!! Yippee!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Congrats on Colourq!!

Teresa Zuehls said...

A big congrats on your Courtier Win! Your card really caught my eye. The butterflies really stand out against the dark background and with the white outline they just really pop.