Thursday, July 4, 2013

CAS(E) This Sketch #35


Welcome to Week 35 of CAS(E) This Sketch!  Take a look at this week's sketch designed by Chrissy Larson:


I have to say that coming back to this sketch was tough.  It really stumped me for a while. It reminded me of a Rorschach Test!  Finally I rotated it 90 degrees to the left and came up with an idea.  I love that little chapel from Paper Smooches Folkal Points set.  It so adorable!  I paper pieced it and popped it up for some dimension.  Hop on over to the CTS blog and check out the gorgeous designs from the rest of the DT and then play along!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Soft Suede) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Church & sentiment from Folkal Points, Heart from Vegtastic) Paper Smooches
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Real Red) Stampin' Up
Die:  (In the Meadow) Papertrey Ink

15 comments:

Lynn said...

You knocked it out of the park! I love the way the hearts flow on the card...amazing design Jen!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super COOL!!

Julia Aston said...

Love this clean look with the rolling green hillside and flurry of red hearts!

sally said...

I see what you mean by Rorschach !!! But you have come up with a great interpretation :-)

Sally

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! A wedding chapel showered in love, perfect!

Lindsey said...

A most accurate first impression, and what a great way to overcome it! I love that you didn't go for the obvious route and get out the misters. :)

lostinpaper said...

Oh, you flipped it... wish I had've thought of that lol. Your card is fab fab fab Jen!

Linda Beeson said...

Your little chapel with the scattered hearts is oh so cute!

Lisa Arana said...

Awww, love your little chapel of hearts.

Joyce said...

This is so cute. I am thinking of a chapel love love--perfect wedding card.

Jessi Fogan said...

As soon as I saw the sketch I thought....NOPE. SO awesome how you persevered & came up with this! LOVE it :)

Darnell said...

Oh, my gosh, Jen, this is PERFECT! Such a winner to me! I totally thought the same thing about it looking like a Rorschach test! I'm still stymied and thinking ...

Hope your Mom is getting everything lined up for treatment and it is going as smoothly as possible. xxoo

Jenny said...

It's funny how ideas fall into place with the twist of a sketch!!
The little church is rather sweet... similar to some we saw on our hols and I love the 'raining' hearts design... great for a wedding :0)
Jenny x

Maureen Morton said...

Dear is an understatement - I gave a big "Ahhhhh" when I saw this, Jen. Hearts are my fav. So adorable. Love your story on doing the twist, too. You rock, fer sure.

Deepti said...

I have missed all ur posts lately, but I believe its never too late ;p
especially to admire ur cute cards. This is soooooo brilliant. I love ur card n the idea :)