Thursday, July 11, 2013

CAS(E) This Sketch #36


Welcome to Week 36 of CAS(E) this Sketch!  Take a look at this week's sketch designed by N@ Ali:


I think I may permanently borrow Darnell's acronym of NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) because I'm trying to reduce the amount of it that's in the Craft Cave.  The flower/frame stamp is a Hero Arts one that I got from the lovely Amy Tsuruta sometime last year.  While I've used a few stamps from the TCM set Vintage Clocks, I hadn't used this sentiment before.  And, all the patterned papers were sitting in pristine 6x6 pads on a shelf.  Whoop whoop for using schtuff!  Now if I could just use more than these tiny bits at a time...  

Now hop on over to the CAS(E) This Sketch blog and check out the gorgeous creations by the rest of the DT and then join in with the fun!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill
Patterned Paper:  (Yellow, orange and green from Bold & Bright Double Dot Designs) Bo Bunny, (Chevrons from PB&J collection) Basic Grey, (Grey from On The Bright Side Two) My Mind's Eye
Stamps:  (Flower frame from Enjoy) Hero Arts, (Sentiment from Vintage Clocks) The Craft's Meow
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Gems:  (Mini Pearls Bumblebee assortment) Doodlebug

9 comments:

Lynn said...

way to go on driving through your NBUS! I'm in serious purge mode to give away the goodies I don't use to a good home! Love your card...it is gorgeous, elegant take on the sketch!

Darnell said...

This is so striking, Jen! Impeccable and CASlicious!

NBUS will be around forever b/c we keep buying more of it, don't we?!! When I first starting this online stuff a couple of years ago, I was kicking myself blue in the shin for not doing it years sooner. Now, seeing how bad it is for my piles of NBUS, if I had done it sooner, I wouldn't have a Playhouse, I'd have a Warehouse!!

(Mwah for the shoutout!)

Jenny said...

Bravo my dear on using your schtuff!! (love that spelling..Lol) Very floral and ornate take on the sketch :0)
Jenny x

Kim S said...

Beautiful! The perfect little prints for that sweet stamp! Good schtuff!!

Jessi Fogan said...

But if you keep using it in little smidges like this, you'll keep knocking our socks off :) Absolutely stunning! Those yellow pearls are SO perfect.

lostinpaper said...

Scarily, I could work on my NBUS for quite a while me thinks... lol. Love your striking design Jen!

~amy~ said...

Oh I adore this!

Joyce said...

Fab take on the sketch. And, great job of using some new schtuff. I love the look of that flower, and how the leaves curl around perfectly to the shape of your frame.

Lisa Arana said...

oh so pretty!