Thursday, July 18, 2013

CAS(E) This Sketch #37


Welcome to Week 37 of CAS(E) This Sketch!  Take a look at this week's sketch designed by Karolyn Loncon:


It's pretty rare that I make two cards for a challenge (especially a sketch challenge) but I actually came up with two versions:


I was inspired by the colours from the latest Paper Smooches Sparks challenge.  I used the Alphawhimsy dies for the "friend" and the flourish stamps and die from Flap Happy.  The first colour tripped my up a bit because it looks quite grey on the screen but when I printed it out to take to the Craft Cave it seemed a more beige colour.  So I covered my bases with these cards and made one using each colour. Which do you prefer? 
Be sure and head over to the CAS(E) This Sketch blog to check out all the gorgeous inspiration from the rest of the DT and then be sure to play along!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, Kraft) Papertrey Ink, (Poppy Parade, So Saffron) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Letters from Alpha-Blocks) Papertrey Ink, (Flourish from Flap Happy) Paper Smooches
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Poppy Parade, So Saffron, Not Quite Navy) Stampin' Up, (Grey Flannel) Memento
Dies:  (Alphawhimsy, Butterflies 1) Paper Smooches
Gems:  (Recollections
Washi:  (Lost & Found Oliver collection) My Mind's Eye

13 comments:

Lynn said...

I love this stamped sentiment. It is fabulous.

lostinpaper said...

Fabulous Jen! Such a clever clever card.

Jessi Fogan said...

I'M NOT PICKING. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME.
I love them both! I think I might have a soft spot for the fun chevron borders on the first one :)

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely love the graphic and colorful design, Jen! Beautifully done!

Julia Aston said...

two fun cards - love those colorful block letters!

Gillian R said...

This is fab Jen, love those block letters

Scrapfaire said...

I prefer the top card, but they are both great! LOVE the look!!! TFS

Lisa Arana said...

wow, love both versions!!!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Their both great cards Jen! I love the big block letters too!

Pamela said...

Love the first card best! I love the block letters! Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches Sparks!

Lindsey said...

Nice! Can't really decide which I like more... maybe the second one, just by a bit. :)

Christina said...

Both versions are super cool! What a clever design for the hexagon shapes in the sketch. I especially love the tiny black pearls you used on the first card.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I LOVE both versions-- great use of the color blocking/stamps! LOVE the enamel dots! FAB job:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS team-- hope you play along this week with the Picture Perfect challenge!!!