Tuesday, July 2, 2013

CASology #51

***This is my second post for the day.  For my Play Date Cafe post please scroll down or click here.***


Welcome to Week 51 of CASology!  Here's the cue word for this week:


I'm excited to be back and playing along in time to welcome my new teammates Gillian and Kimberly!  These are two seriously talented ladies and you're going to love their work!  

Now onto my card.  I actually have a couple of fireworks stamps and I played around with them for ages but I just couldn't get them to cooperate with me and my ideas.  I started hunting through the rest of my supplies to see if anything sparked any ideas and came across the Botanical Silhouettes stamp set from Papertrey Ink.  I thought the dandelion flowers looked a lot like fireworks so I put them to work and they we so much more cooperative!  I embossed them with tinsel and Zing embossing powders for some sparkle and went with colours that could be used for the 4th of July but I kept the sentiment generic enough that it could also be used for a birthday or congratulations card.  Okay, you're turn to light some sparks!  Check out the gorgeousness by the rest of the design team and then get craftin'!




And this week's guest designer:


Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that submissions are due by 4pm CST on Sunday, July 7th.


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill
Stamps:  (Dandelions from Botanical Silhouettes) Papertrey Ink, (Sentiment from Sally's ABCs) Lawn Fawn
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Red Embossing Tinsel) Ranger, (Blue Zing, Silver Zing) American Crafts
Gems:  (Ladybug collection) Doodlebug

20 comments:

Michelle said...

I love your "fireworks", Jen! Clever! :-)

Ardyth said...

Clever way to achieve the look of fireworks! So glad you're back - we missed you!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Wow, such compact clusters pack a punch! Glad you are back Jen (PS LOoooove your pawprint in your watermark..!)

Tracey McNeely said...

A perfect celebration Jen!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so COOL!!!

Lindsey said...

Those dandelion fireworks are perfect! Such a classy CAS design, too.

sally said...

Lovely fireworks, you're all set for July 4th now!

Sally

Joyce said...

Love this design and your flower fireworks. Very creative and resourceful.

Rosemary said...

fab card, jen!! so glad you are back!!!

Meghan said...

So clever Jen! Welcome back!

Judy1223 said...

Jen, welcome back! Your card is so clever, what a great way to use a flower stamp as a firework! Great embossing!

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE those sparkly powders! And getting all 3 to cooperate at the same time - you are incredible :) Love the font of the 'celebrate' too!

lostinpaper said...

This cas design totally packs a punch Jen!

Darnell said...

Absolutely positively perfect image for fireworks!! Way to use your pretty noggin, Jen! This is exploding with CASliciousness!!

Deepti said...

love those sweet little fireworks :) ur cards are always cute and sweet whatever be the cue :)
I am your new follower, just realized I was not following you... better late than never :)

Lisa Arana said...

Love!

StampingbugKerry said...

Love your card! I was in the same boat as you with no fireworks stamp so I hunted, hunted, hunted and found some stamps that looked "fireworkey". Thanks for inspiring me to do this challenge. I haven't done a challenge in FOREVER!!! WOO HOO!!!

Gillian R said...

This is perfect Jen, so good to have you back too

Melissa said...

I absolutely love this simply dazzling fireworks design, Jen! You're way too creative using a flower image! I'd never have guessed! :) Welcome back!!!

Maureen Morton said...

So smart and so versatile, jen. Grand idea for a glorious card.