Tuesday, July 9, 2013

CASology #52


Welcome to Week 52 of CASology!  Here's the cue word for this week:


I bought this neon cardstock about 6 years ago when I first started crafting - clearly I was way ahead of the trend!  LOL!!  The only colour I seem to have used much of is the pink (although when and on what I have no idea...).  I was glad to put a few scraps of it to work this week in my never-ending effort to work through my stash.  I also inked up these Paper Smooches stamps for the first time so I can pat myself on the back for that too.  

There are quite a few bloggers and challenges encouraging us to use our stash these days (and I need all the encouragement I can get).  Darnell of djkardkreations is currently working through her NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff),  The Sweet Stamp Shop has started a weekly Use What You Have challenge and the Shopping Our Stash Challenge has been around for a while.  As Darnell said, "This definitely feels like a 'Year of the Use It'." I'm down with that.  Hopefully it will not only help me cull the stash but will also distract me from the current shopping ban...  :( 

Okay, enough of my blathering.  Time for you to head over to the CASology blog and check out the awesome designs by the rest of the DT.  Then you have to put on your 80s thinking caps and get crazy with the NEON!



And this week's guest designer:


Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that submissions are due by 4pm CST on Sunday, July 14th.


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Pink, orange, green, blue, purple) Pacon
Stamps:  (Tags, wow, eek, omg, yay from Qwick Qwips,  Way to go from Sentiment Sampler, Circle from Knick Knacks) Paper Smooches
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Punch:  (1/8" hole punch) McGill
Gems:  Recollections

19 comments:

Ardyth said...

This is a fun card - I love the simple layout and focus on the sentiments!

Jackie Rockwell said...

I LOVE this post Jen! I've always been interested in the "Use Our Stash" concept. Most crafters embrace it but there are some that don't, because it's not compatible with selling new product.

I have some old Hero Arts stamps that are now trendy again. Glad I still have them . . . I may make a card using them instead of buying the new ones. Thanks for mentioning the "Shopping Our Stash Challenge".

I love the idea of recycling too. I've found some really great ways to organize and store my stash for FREE. It's better for the environment and my budget.

Good for you for hanging on to the neon paper and using it for this fantastic card!!! I AGREE, it does feel like a "Year of the Use It"!

I've recently started a small local ATC Club and a Card Club. I'm sure we'll be embracing the "Use Your Stash" concept in our clubs.

Thanks sooo much for the inspirational post Jen! :)

Gillian R said...

Love this Jen, such a fun card. I love the idea of using your stash, but unfortunatly I have no willpower and new stamps are my weakness!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love this! The fun sentiments and the ultrbrite paper are perfect for NEON!

Fun, FUN, FUN!

sally said...

Summer bright & summer simple :-)

Sally

Judy1223 said...

Jen, what a cute, fun card! We had the same idea, using our neon card stock. Feels good to use my stash, just the way you so perfectly described! I might try this, I love the white embossed sentiments int he word bubbles!

Darnell said...

Nevermind that you were way ahead of the trend, Jen, with that awesome neon paper, but the DESIGN is fabulicious!! Those tags with the on-trend words stamped on the on-trend paper ... how many ways can one extol the genius of this??!!

(And thanks for the sweet NBUS shoutout!!)

Jessi Fogan said...

See, now HERE'S how to rock the neon! I really love it - perfect with these words :) I always knew you were a trendsetter, see!
Seriously, the using your stash thing? It is so much better for your ego...."I made something based on X, but I used completely different everything. Yay me!" (Honestly, I've had that conversation. Possibly out loud. Who asked you anyway?? lol)

Rosemary said...

Love your card, jen! an absolutely PERFECT take on the cue word!

shirley-bee said...

Ultra-trendy, Jen! The neon and the sentiments are just made for each other!

Deepti said...

You have brought out the true essence of Neon. Love it :)

Maureen Morton said...

Totally rad, Jen! Love this glaring neon, altho I never jumped into this trend (not yet - I'm always way behind the rage). Good job, as always.

Joyce said...

What a fun way to use all that neon. Just a bit of so many great colors. I love the idea of just using my stash. It's quite a revolutionary concept, but it just might catch on.

Joni Andaya said...

Jen, this is wonderful! Love how you incorporated the neon =)

lostinpaper said...

I really *need* to work on by NBUS too... lol. And BTW I always knew you were ahead of your time, go neon!

Lisa Arana said...

I'm not a huge fan of the neon trend, but lady, this rocks! it is so well done, love it.

Julia Aston said...

what a great design with all the bright neon tags!

Meghan said...

Love how you tackled this week's cue card! It's perfect!

Jenny said...

I was well ahead of the current trend too in the 80's with my neon beads and earrings... I think there may have even been a ra-ra skirt too!!! Sadly no neon card here though :0(
Well this one will certainly grab peeps attention on the reception desk!!! Love all the luggage labels :0)
Jenny x