Tuesday, July 16, 2013

CASology #53


Welcome to Week 53 of CASology!  Here's the cue word for this week:


This Unity image came to mind immediately when I saw this week's cue word.  It didn't take too much digging to find it and using it meant I made my NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) quota for the day.  (Actually I used double the quota because this was the first inking for the Paper Smooches sentiment as well).  I did some shading with my Copics and found a small pattern for the frame which makes the ice cubes pop.  I kept the layout simple, classic and totally CAS!  Pop on over to the CASology blog to check out the rest of the super cool DT designs and then play along with us!




And this week's guest designer:


Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that submissions are due by 4pm CST on Sunday, July 21st.


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill
Patterned Paper:  (PB & J) Basic Grey
Stamps:  (Ice cubes from June '12 KOM - Sweet Summer Love) Unity, (Sentiment from Swanky Snowdudes) Paper Smooches
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Clear) Ranger
Die:  (Snapshot Fun) Sweet Stamp Shop
Gems:  (Swimming Pool assortment) Doodlebug
Markers:  (BG10, BG23) Copic

16 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love that cool blue colour and that you carried it over into the bling!

Meghan said...

A very cool card Jen! I bet you must need ice cubes where you are!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

lol - love it!!!!!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Absololutely FAB! Love the little cubes!

Rosemary said...

eepp!! your card is just too cute, jen!

Lindsey said...

This card is perfect. Love everything about it

Darnell said...

A+++ on NBUS, Jen!! If you weren't on the DT, this card would totally win this week's challenge! I adore it!!

Joyce said...

Those are the cutest ice cubes I've ever seen! Very cool indeed.

Jessi Fogan said...

Hooray for NBUS! Love those ice cubes too - perfect for right now :)
I gave Abby frozen watermelon yesterday for the first time. She ate it so daintily, I wish I'd filmed her :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Cute cute cute Jen, I love your melting ice cubes what a great image!

lostinpaper said...

A total 'bring a smile' to my face card Jen, LOVE it!

Gillian R said...

Such a cute card, those ice cubes are adorable!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Adorable image and I love the colour combo, one of my favourites!

Judy1223 said...

Totally adorable ice cubes...what a fun card!

Christina said...

I've never seen this cute image! How adorable!

Lisa Arana said...

this is totally uber cool.