Tuesday, July 23, 2013

CASology #54


Hello and welcome to Week 54 of CASology!  Here's the cue word for this week:


As you can see I really unleashed my quirky brain on the cue word this week.  :D  I couldn't come up with a pretty design using gold embossing powder which was my initial idea.  So I thought about the word golden for a while and came up with Golden Arches (McDonald's), golden french fries and the phrase, "You're golden!" (Meaning you're set or good to go). Now if I had a stack of french fries like that in front of me I'd most definitely be good to go! LOL!  Not having any fast food on the island (except for one KFC) it was always considered a special treat to have McDonald's while on holidays abroad.  Now, time for you to unleash your creativity and show us your stuff.  Be sure to check out the rest of the team at the CASology blog and then get to work!



And this week's guest designer:


Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that submissions are due by 4pm CST on Sunday, July 28th.


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Real Red, Daffodil Delight) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Fries from Think Fast, You are from Chit Chat, Golden from Alphadots) Paper Smooches
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko

21 comments:

Melissa said...

Quirky is always good! :) This is a fantastic interpretation of this week's cue word! "I'm lovin' it!" LOL!

wienerhoneymooners said...

What fun!! I can almost smell how good these taste!!
A perfect inspiration card !!

Ardyth said...

Very clever! Love this! And I'm envisioning a trip to McD's for lunch!

Meghan said...

A seriously fun card. I use that phrase all the time so I really get this! Love your sense of humour!

Jean said...

What a fun take on the cue word ~ love the CAS design. I suspect you are healthier than the rest of us ~ not having much fast food on the island!

Emily Leiphart said...

LOL, such a fun card, Jen! I haven't had McD's in a year or so and I would like some of their fries right now. Thanks a lot. :P

Joyce said...

Oh, very fun interpretation of gold. I immediately thought of the Golden Arches. I think you are not missing much by not having McDonalds on your island paradise.

Rosemary said...

darn clever take on the cue word, jen... absolutely love it!!

Lindsey said...

This is such a brilliant use of the cue, Jen, so much fun! I like how you left the pun subtle, no big M's or arches in the background or anything. :P

Darnell said...

My favorite food group, Jen! Your card is golden ~ and delicious!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen as soon as I saw this in our gallery I couldn't wait, it is so so cute and just brilliant!

Lynn said...

So stinkin clever. I think this is perfect for the challenge!

Maureen Merritt said...

Eek, totally adorable! I love that kind of GOLD :)

Deepti said...

Thats's a cute take on gold :) love the fries, so feel like having some right now :D

lostinpaper said...

Super fab take on this challenge (I've got this fun set and have not yet had a chance to ink it up.... thanks for the push)!

Jessi Fogan said...

THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY I cannot even TELL you! That sentiment...I say that all the time! And what a unique crazy take on the prompt - you are indeed golden!
Man, the only fast food is KFC? I envision me losing weight easily there ;)

None None said...

So clever! You are truly golden, Jen!! I wonder how many people now want some Mickey D's fries after seeing your card. I know I do! ;) I love how you pieced everything together and popped up the center fries. Such a fantastic card!

Judy1223 said...

Jen, I'm on vacation right now and we have been visiting the "golden arches" way more than I'd like to admit! GREAT take on the cue...made me smile!

Kelly Griglione said...

Totally smiled when I first saw this one : ) It's a brilliant take on gold, and a fun sentiment as well!

Jenny said...

That is definitely quirky and fun...... those fries look good enough to eat!! Brilliant take on the word :0)
Jenny x

Lisa Arana said...

oh my gosh! you are absolutely brilliant! i love this sentiment with those fries.