Monday, July 8, 2013

Happy Bark-Day!


Back in late 2010 when I first started blogging I stumbled across a challenge called the Curtain Call Colour Challenge.  It was my first introduction to colour challenges and also to Stampin' Up colours. Unfortunately it was only 6 months later that the challenge closed.  My cards from that time are pretty cringe inducing but I learned a lot especially by studying the winners.  All this to say that the Curtain Call challenge will be returning!   It's now known as the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge and Stacey Schafer has been introducing the new "Crew Members" for the last week.  And let me tell you, it's an awesome crew so far!  The challenges don't start until July 15th but for now Stacey's got another challenge for us on her personal blog.  



In honour of her birthday Stacy's having a Birthday Linky Party!  Create a birthday card, link it up, check out all the gorgeous entries and possibly win a prize.  Not a bad way to celebrate!  It's also a well timed challenge for me as I was asked to create a set of birthday cards for some puppies.  A breeder wants to send 1st birthday cards to the owners of the puppies from her last litter.  I decided to use the same layout and just change up the colours.  I dug into my stash and came out with the Lucky collection from Basic Grey (which apparently is so old I couldn't even find it on the retired list!).  I paper pieced these cute Unity pooches and Lawn Fawn party hats and added a Paper Smooches sentiment.  Love how they turned out!














Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill
Patterned Paper:  (Lucky collection) Basic Grey
Stamps:  (Dog from I Ruff You) Unity, (Hat from Hats Off To You) Lawn Fawn, (Shadow from Vogue Abode, Sentiment from Birthday Buddies) Paper Smooches
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Basic Grey) Stampin' Up

12 comments:

Malika said...

lovely dog, very nice
Greatings Malika

Michelle said...

Super cute! What a lovely idea for the breeder to send birthday cards. :-) I bet she loves what you came up with!

Jenny said...

Gotta love Dog Breeders..... !!!! These are just cute and I bet the owners will love them when they arrive :0)
I thought you were announcing you were joining the Curtain Call DT for a minute their.... I was getting ready with a Woo Hoo :0)
Jenny x

Maureen Morton said...

What a fun set and so amazing to see how the different colors actually seem to change the personality of the pups! What a fun idea and you rallied to the cause with such distinction!

Lynn said...

What a sweet set of cards! They are absolutely adorable. I think we all are our own worst critics (I'm sure your cards were not cringe worthy!)

Jessi Fogan said...

Whoa, Lucky is pretty old ;) It still looks awesome, though - and what a cute idea, to send birthday cards to the pups! Love that :) How could you NOT go with 'bark-day'?!?!

Joyce said...

These are so adorable, and how perfect for a puppy's first birthday.

Lisa Petrella said...

AWESOME birthday cards!! LOVE those ADORABLE paper pieced pups!!!!

Darnell said...

I do, too! They are adorable, Jen! And what a nice lady to celebrate the first birthdays of her litter pups with their owners!!

HNME Reunion said...

That is one adorable puppy -- not sure I'd ever noticed him on the Unity site! These cards are spot-on perfect, Jen. :)

Stacey Schafer said...

Oh my goodness, Jen! These are so darling! Who doesn't LOVE puppies?! Thanks so much for celebrating with me at the Birthday Linky Party!

Lisa Arana said...

heeheehee... soooo cute!