Saturday, July 13, 2013

Hope Your Day Is Sweet


My wish for rain almost came true today as we woke up to thunder and lightning at 5:45am. Atticus did his guard dog duty and went tearing outside to tell off whoever was making all that noise. :)  Despite the noise and light show we only got a sprinkle of rain.  The rest of the day was just cloudy and muggy.  Good enough for staying in the Craft Cave though!  

I'm working on my special orders but I also took some time to play.  I combined a few challenges for this card.  The colours were taken from the latest Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger challenge.  As soon as I saw the inspiration photo I thought of these Doodlebug papers that have been languishing in my stash.  I paired them up with the sketch from the Fusion challenge and used stamps from the Sweet Stamp Shop - I'll be joining their Use What You Have Challenge since my papers are from 2005!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Obviously Orange Stripes, Obviously Orange Grid, Tangerine It's About Time, Limeade Sweet Stripes) Doodlebug
Stamps:  (Candies and "sweet" from Sweet Tooth) Sweet Stamp Shop, ("Hope your day is" from So 80s) WPlus9
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi) Stampin' Up
Embossing powder:  (Seafoam White) Ranger
Dies:  (Nesties Labels One) Spellbinders, (Double-Ended Banners) Papertrey Ink

12 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Jen, this is a fun card and perfect for all of the challenges! It does feel good to use your stash, doesn't it? I love the colors and the fun sentiment!

Joyce said...

Very sweet card--pun intended. Wow--you have a lot of paper! Good thing you used a fraction of a piece.

Lynn said...

I love how you combined the challenges. The way the sentiment is stamped is so clever and I love the amazing paper pieced candy.

Jenny said...

Hrmphhh... That's all we had, threatening storm clouds ... I wanted rain :0(
Fabbo card, great way to use the sketch and the papers make pretty sweet wrappers too!!
Jenny x

Maureen Morton said...

Yummy card, Jen. Especially love how that frames contains all the goodies. But, your story is the big star of this post - you had me grinning from ear to ear. Love!

lostinpaper said...

Oh my, your stash is going to take a while to use lol, LOVE your fun sweet card Jen!

Lyndal said...

SUPER sweet card Jen - love it!
So glad you joined in the fun playing @ FUSION :)

Deepti said...

Anyone who sees this card is sure to have a super sweet day :) lovely card and awesome idea

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jen! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Jessi Fogan said...

That sounds like the weather we're expecting today - basically body temperature, with humidity of 80% and climbing...and thunderstorms threatening but probably not happening. UGH! And good for Atti :) Abby hides instead ;)
I love the different papers you used for the candies - so fun & bright & cheerful!

Jessica Pascarella said...

What a fun SWEET card! Thanks for joining the SSS Use What You Have Challenge!

Lisa Arana said...

so super cute and fun!