Monday, July 15, 2013

Owl Always Be Here


The Colour Throwdown is celebrating their 5 year anniversary with their 250th challenge this week! They're celebrating with a huge blog hop of past designers and also with some awesome prizes. This week's colours are summery, cheery and celebratory - a perfect combo!   I broke out some NBUS for this card.  My dear bloggie friend Jenny sent me a sweet set of stamps with a matching die from Clearly Besotted Stamps.  I clear embossed the owls to make the colour pop and for the first time tried using a die to emboss an image.  Quite a cool effect and easier than I thought.  Be sure to check out the challenge and the blog hop for lots of inspiration!



ETA:  I had originally planned to link this up the the Muse challenge as the colours were so similar to the ones Marion used on her adorable owl card but... I had a blond moment!  Thanks to Lynn for the reminder!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Melon Mambo, So Saffron, Crumb Cake) Stampin' Up, (Turquoise) Paperbilities
Stamps:  (Owl & sentiment from You're A Hoot) Clearly Besotted Stamps
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Punch:  (1 7/8" square punch) McGill
Die:  (Owl from You're A Hoot) Clearly Besotted Stamps
Gems:  (Swimming Pool assortment) Doodlebug
Twine:  (Lemondrop) The Twinery

19 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh, this is just darling! LOVE the owls! Thanks for helping us celebrate at The Color Throwdown!

Virginia L. said...

How fun are these owls! I love OWL/how you used the colors to create such a cheery design, Jen!

Lynn said...

I love all those bright cheery colors. Adorable card! You need to pop over to the MUSE challenge and link this card up their too!

Lynn said...

Should have said there...not their :)!

Joyce said...

Well, you know I've gotta love this card, right? Super cute. And, congrats on your N&T win! All that fussy cutting paid off.

Jenny said...

Hehe.. I love the invisable owl!!!! What a great idea to go with that sentiment :0)
Just seen Joyce's comment so hopped over to the tangles challenge..... Whoop whoop!!! Those stars were defo worth the effort... Well done my friend :0)
Jenny x

None None said...

So cute, Jen!! I love those adorable owls and that embossed one is so cute! I will have to try that technique sometime. I think you rocked the color challenge!

Jessi Fogan said...

How cool & pop-artsy this is! Love the idea of the embossed one too - I tend to muff that up when I try it ;)

Ardyth said...

Love your bold colour combinations, but that embossing takes the cake! Thanks for playing along with this week's Muse!

Beverly said...

Very cute card...love the fourth owl!

Bev Cole
Artsystamper.com

Kim Heggins said...

This is too darn cute and I love that your 4th owl is embossed, so clever and so fun.

Lindsey said...

So cute...I especially love the embossed owl. I haven't tried that yet either, but I've wanted to...I'm glad to hear that it was easier than you thought. :)

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

How awesome!!!!!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE the embossed owl!!
How creative!!!!!!!!

lostinpaper said...

Cute cute totally adorable Jen!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Great card, Izzy loves your color blocking (she said how the owl and background are different colors).

Anonymous said...

This is great. Love the almost invisible owl - fab idea!

Christina said...

What a fun and colorful design! I especially love the way you stamped the sentiment over the owl impression. So cute!

Lisa Arana said...

so cool, love that last embossed owl. such a fun surprise.

Lori said...

Great design! Love the sentiment stamped over the embossed owl outline.