Monday, July 22, 2013

Shadow Flower

*** This is my second post for the day.  For my previous post please scroll down or 


It's been so nice to have some extra time to play in the Craft Cave this weekend.  I even managed to make 2 cards for the Play Date Cafe.  Usually I have so many challenges that I want to play along with that I only make one card and then move on but I had a couple of ideas for this colour combo so I thought I'd indulge myself for once.  This was my first card and I used some Papertrey stamps for the first time.  I was inspired to break these out after seeing Joyce's gorgeous card.  I off stamped the flowers in the background and then trimmed and popped up another flower in the front to give a bit of dimension.  The flower centre is a Hero Arts stamp as is the sentiment.  I thought it needed a little something else so at the last minute I added the twine bow which I think is kind of cute!  I'll be back tomorrow with my second Play Date card!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Vintage Cream) Papertrey Ink, (Peach Parfait, Wild Wasabi) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Flower & leaves from Rosie Posie) Papertrey Ink, (Flower centre from CL519, Sentiment from Heyday Sentiments) Hero Arts
Ink:  (Peach Parfait, Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Leaves from Rosie Posie) Papertrey Ink, (Die-Namics Fresh Cut Grass) My Favourite Things

12 comments:

None None said...

Love this, Jen! I especially love the lighter flowers and the bolder one in the front. Such a great use of techniques. The touch of twine is just the perfect finishing touch.

Deborah Frings said...

Love the bold flower and the subtle shadow ones behind! Lovely card!

~amy~ said...

Way to rock the colors!

Virginia L. said...

Delightful card, Jen! I love how you used the stamps for the background! The added grass and twines are lovely!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I like the way you used repetition in your design, and the way you added dimension by using a cutout of the flower. Blessings!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! Loving the grass, twine, and shadow flowers, Jen!

Tracey McNeely said...

Stamped perfectly Jen, love how you used the colours!

Rachel said...

beautiful! love the design. perfect for this warm summer! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Joyce said...

EEk--I can't believe I inspired YOU. Make my day, why don't you. I love the background stamp of the flower, as well as how you did the center. And, clever you found a much better place for the sentiment.

lostinpaper said...

Sooo beautiful Jen!

Jessi Fogan said...

Joyce's comment made me GRIN! I am loving that layered grass - and that big bold flower with the lighter ones behind...just gorgeous!

Lisa Arana said...

oh how happy and pretty. i love the stamped off flowers in the background.