Sunday, July 14, 2013

Starry Birthday


Good morning!  I'm popping in with a birthday card for two challenges - the Little Tangles birthday challenge and the Moxie Fab Birthday Card challenge.  This is another one of my "what was I thinking" cards.  LOL!  I stamped the wavy lines from the Little Tangles set which was easy enough. Then I took a star from the Halloween Scene collection, stamped it 24 times, coloured them in and fussy cut all of them!  I don't know what possesses me to cut out these tiny images but I'm glad I did it because I think the end result is really fun!  Off to the Craft Cave to carry on with the special orders.  Have a lovely day!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill
Stamps:  (Wavy lines from Little Tangles, Stars from Halloween Scene) Neat and Tangled, (Sentiment from CL582) Hero Arts
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Markers:  (R29, YR04, Y08, G07, B29, V09) Copic

18 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh my lord...you are a fussy cutting machine! I can't believe you cut all of those out! The end result really is amazing!

sally said...

Congratulations on all that cutting! I've shared this picture to my husband as its his 71st today ..he loves it :-)

Sally

Ardyth said...

Oh my! That is a lot of work, but definitely worth it! This is really fun!

Brenda said...

You must have a lot of patience! Wow, that is a lot of cutting. The end result is magnificent!

~amy~ said...

Fabulous one layer card...I really need to make more of those!

Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!

Helen F. said...

Yikes, Jen...I thought coloring each of those stars was a lot of work, then read you 'fussy cut' them too!
You created a fabulous card, GF :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Colour and fussy cut, I bow to you my friend! Love it.

Happy Dance said...

Totally love this! Well worth all the fussy cutting. Bright and happy, perfect for a birthday. Bev

lostinpaper said...

Cheery and fun Jen!

Darnell said...

Oh my gosh, what were you thinking, Jen? I mean it is totally outstanding, but really, what were you thinking? Actually, it gave you lots of time to think and I'm guessing you needed it. I'm also guessing that you either LOVED paper dolls as a kid or NEVER got a chance to cut out paper dolls and by golly, you're making up for it now!!

Joyce said...

Really--what were you thinking? Gold star for you for your fussy cutting. The results are totally worth it--this is a striking card.

Jean said...

This is fantastic ~ all of the work you put into this one was definitely worth it!

Deepti said...

Lovely card, the fuzzy cutting so many little stars is remarkable :) patience always pays off :)

Ren-Yi said...

Wow-sers. I had to do a double take, because i didn't realize that Danielle had came out with a new Tangles set. You had me fooled, girl! It was so worth it to color & cut them out. Looks stunning. Thanks for playing along with Little Tangles.

Jenny said...

The things we do for cards eh!!!
Loving the bright colours... Well worth the aching fingers :0)
Jenny x

Jessi Fogan said...

You ARE crazy, but only in the best way :) I absolutely LOVE the bright colours and all those stars!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jen! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Lisa Arana said...

SO love this! I love those stars big time!