Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Use What You Have


The Sweet Stamp Shop has started a challenge to "Use What You Have".  It's a great incentive to dig into that pile of stuff that's been collecting dust for the last year (or 6...) and put it to work.  All you have to do is take a picture of the stash, create a card (or scrap page, etc) and enter!  



On the left is a stack of plastic bins of stuff I "might use one of these days".  Inside one I found these journaling cards from Sassafrass (bottom right of the lower picture).  Are they even around anymore? Anyway I layered the rocking chair card onto red cardstock and gingham paper.  I framed it with brackets from the Jars of Sweets set then I created a sentiment using the Old School Rock and Sweet Alpha Doodles stamp sets.  Cute, fun and cheery!  I actually found quite a few fun things in that jumble of stuff so I'm gonna have to make a few more cards I think!




Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Gina K, (Pure Poppy) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  Pebbles
Stamps:  (Brackets from Jars of Sweets, You from Sweet Alpha Doodles, Rock from Old School Rock) Sweet Stamp Shop
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko (Poppy Parade) Stampin' Up
Gems:  (Mini Pearls Limeade assortment) Doodlebug
Journaling Card:  Sassafrass

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

Love how those brackets add such a sense of movement to the card. Way to use some stash!

Jessi Fogan said...

Or ten...there is still some flotsam kicking around in my basement that I can't bear to pass on. As for Sassafras, I don't know if they ARE still around. I haven't seen anything lately (but then I thought Cosmo Cricket fell off the earth too).
You know I love that sentiment, right? That it made me smile all over my face? OK, good.

Tenia Nelson said...

Super FUN!!!

lostinpaper said...

Super fun find, love the sentiment!

Lisa Arana said...

Good for you shopping your stash. I am afraid of what I might find in my old bins. Heehee.

Joyce said...

How fun to go digging through your stash and coming up with a treasure. Your card is super sweet.

Darnell said...

Fantastic, Jen! You know if I'd seen this challenge a few weeks ago, I never would have started my NBUS idea. Then again, NBUS is virginal stuff, so I guess it's a tiny bit different. The important thing is, it's nice to see blogs all over getting on board! You are a great encourager with this post!!

Jenny said...

I've had a few culls in recent times so much of my vintage stash is no more!! Your card Rocks.... love the implied movement with the brackets :0)
Jenny x

Maureen Morton said...

A treasure chest of goodies, and you've used them nicely. Love the combo of the vintage and the current - but really loved your story & pix.