Thursday, August 15, 2013

CAS(E) This Sketch #41


Welcome to Week 41 of CAS(E) This Sketch!  Take a look at this week's sketch by Chrissy Larson:



I used the colours from this week's Paper Players challenge to help me out with my sketch this week. I don't have the new Stampin' Up In Colours yet so I found some relatively close substitutes.  I also pulled out this old Woodware Pop Flower punch that I've had for ages.  Love the funky retro look of it!  I also love to see what you guys come up with when you play along so hop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch blog, check out the DT inspiration and then join in the fun!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White, Dark Pink) Bazzill, (Pear Pizzazz) Stampin' Up, (Melon Berry) Paertrey Ink
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Grand Greetings) Lawn Fawn
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Die:  (Nesties Labels 14) Spellbinders
Punch:  (2" Pop Flower) Woodware Craft Collection, (3/4' circle) Marvy Uchida, 5/16" hole punch) McGill
Gems:  (Limeade assortment) Doodlebug, (Pearls) Recollections

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

I agree -- that is one retro funky flower, Jen! Such a fun card.

lostinpaper said...

Great colours Jen, but it's that fab flower that I can't keep my eyes off!

LeAnne said...

Adorable! I saw this sketch yesterday and loved it..and I love this too! Thanks so much for using the Paper Players colors in your creation this week!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the shape of that flower! That font/those fonts, lol go perfectly with the whole retro feel. LOVE :)

Jaydee said...

Jen your card is CAS perfection. the little pearls are the perfect complement to this beautifully composed card.
So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

oooh, so pretty and I totally love the funky flower!

Maureen Morton said...

Funky AND retro! Love 'em both, Jen and you've nailed it once again. Love this design, the colors, the use of the white space. Rockin', girlfriend.