Monday, April 7, 2014

Your Special Day

***This is my second post for today.  For my Colour Throwdown post please scroll down or click here!***



Hi again!  I didn't think I'd make a card for this week's ColourQ challenge but I had a last minute burst of creativity so here I am!  I used the sketch from Lisa Arana's Wanna Sketch? challenge to help me along.  It's hard to see in this photo but the dots in the flower centre are Calypso Coral and they're covered with tiny dots of Stickles.  The flower and flourishes are from My Cute Stamps. They had a closing sale recently.  While I love a sale, its sad to see yet another stamp company closing.  

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill Basics, (Primrose Petals, Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana, River Rock) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Flower & flourishes from Celebrate Today) My Cute Stamps, (Sentiment from You Said It, Sister) Fresh Squeezed Stamps
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Coastal Cabana) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Stitched Rectangles) Lil' Inker Designs, (Double-Ended Banners) Papertrey Ink
Punch:  (1/16" hole punch) McGill
Glitter:  (Star Dust Stickles) Ranger

8 comments:

Lynn said...

I love how you added the stamping behind the panel...this is absolutely gorgeous Jen and gives so much movement to the card. Gorgeous!

LeAnne said...

Love this...that big bold flower really packs a punch! I am not familiar with that sketch challenge, I'll have to go check it out, because I love this one! So happy you played with the CQC challenge!

Lindsey said...

I really like how you used the colours here, Jen! The flourishes are perfect to tie everything together. Love the flower, too!

Jen Mitchell said...

Beautiful! Love that colorful bloom!

Lisa Arana said...

Oh yeah, another fabulous card! I love the pop of colors and the great accent stamping. I'm so thrilled you played along with wanna sketch dear.

Jessi Fogan said...

This is gorgeous, Jen! Love the flower centre & the flourishes are perfect tucked behind the panel!
I know what you mean about seeing so many of the little shops close - it's got to be so hard for the people to make that decision when it's a labour of love.

wienerhoneymooners said...

SUPER pretty, love that large bloom!!!

Joyce said...

Fabulous card. I love that giant flower, and the flourishes behind your stitched rectangle.