Tuesday, September 16, 2014

CASology #113


Welcome to Week 113 of CASology!  Take a look at the cue word for this week:



I had a ball looking through all of your "Three" creations last week - so much gorgeousness!  This week's cue word is a little tougher.  I should know because it took me ages to come up with an idea!  In the end I went with sea grass and while I'm pretty happy with the final result this card went through a LOT of changes before I got here.  I was actually considering giving up and calling in sick on this one before things finally came together.  Now it's time for you to check out the amazing designs from the rest of the design team and then get crafting! 




Gillian Ross (on a break)

And this week's guest designer:


Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that the deadline for entries is Monday at noon (CST).

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Soft Sky, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sea grass from Under the Sea) Sweet Stamp Shop, (Fish & fantastic from Briny Blue, You're from Surf & Turf) Paper Smooches
Ink:  (Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay) Stampin' Up, (Forever Green) Hero Arts
Marker:  (Stampin' Write Always Artichoke) Stampin' Up
Dis:  (Stitched Circles) Lil' Inker Designs

16 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh I love how you interpreted the cue word. Such a fun little scene Jen.

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen that is a great take on the cue!! I love the design!!

Shelly said...

Sooo cute!!! Love your take on the cue card!

Meghan said...

A clever take on the cue card Jen! Love it!

Bobby said...

I know what you mean about struggling, Jen, but it was worth it. It is such a cute card, punny sentiment and all. ;)

Anonymous said...

Haha!! You are so funny, Jen! But I have to admit that I've been there too. Sometimes it's so hard for to come up the ideas and want to have a sick leave. Anyway I'm so glad you didn't give up and created an awesome sea grass card! Love this!!!

Ardyth said...

Way to think outside the box! Very fun!

Deepti said...

You always have ur unique style ! Love how u interpret the cue cards :) such a sweet card

lostinpaper said...

Oh my, I've got some serious catching up to do, but I have my cup of tea in hand and am ready lol. This is such a clever take on the word 'grass' I would never have thought of it, what a fab card Jen!

Joyce said...

What a cute scene you created. I never thought of the grass under the sea.

Judy1223 said...

Jen, so glad you didn't call in sick on this one...you nailed it! I love your sea grass and the fun fish scene...wonderfully framed, too!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Awesome, totally awesome!!!

Lindsey said...

You'll just have to believe me when I tell you that I've had every intention of playing along the past month or so... just hasn't been happening.
I really like this take on the cue word!

Monika Reeck said...

Jen I smile read your sentiment so sweeett and nice color too same like one fish at the top area...nice arrangement with that grass this is a clever card Jen...as you know I always love to visiting your DT card at CASology...hugs, Monika

Melissa said...

Hahaha! I'm so glad you didn't call in sick on this one! This is such a cute card, Jen, and I love the sea grass!!! :)