Friday, September 5, 2014

Cutting Edge Colour


Hi there!  I'm back with a two for one challenge today.  I was inspired by the card at the Cutting Edge Challenge and I used the colours from the ColourQ challenge.  I love the flowers on Lisa's card - they're pretty high up on my wish list at the moment.  However, since I don't have those I dusted off some severely neglected Marianne Design dies and put them to work.  I love the layered look of the flowers and the leaves can be embossed which is awesome!  At some point I want to make another card with the ColourQ colours.  I love how the flowers pop off of that rich blue background.  So gorgeous.


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Strawberry Slush, Lucky Limeade, Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Cake & Candles) Avery Elle
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Flowers & leaves) Marianne Design
Gems:  Recollections    

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Love the combination of the outline and solid dies. Great take on the inspiration Jen!

Jean said...

Great take on the two challenges! Thanks for joining us at The Cutting Edge Challenge!

Claire said...

Those flowers are so pretty - isn't it terrible that so many crafty things get neglected? The bling is perfect for those blooms! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q this week!

Bobby said...

You did a great job combining those two challenges, Jen. I love the flower dies.

Lindsey said...

So these flower dies you already have are terrific... you may not need to buy more! It's me, the anti-enabler. ;) Such a fun and graphic card, Jen!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love, Love your take.. That Bermuda Bay really zings with the Navy!!!! Nailed it!!

Joyce said...

Fabulous flowers and colors. I love this bold and pretty card.