Thursday, April 23, 2015

Hot Dogs & Cupcakes



As promised, I'm back with two more cards for you.  First up is an entry for the current RetroSketches challenge.  This Paper Smooches hot dog has been in the back of my mind for a while (no idea why!) and when I came across this CAS-ual Fridays sentiment a lightbulb went off.  Enter a Lawn Fawn party hat & speech bubble die and a Mama Elephant birthday sentiment and this goofy little card was born!  It's completely silly but it makes me giggle.  :)






Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Hot dog from Al Fresco) Paper Smooches, (Party hat from Hats Off to You) Lawn Fawn, (Hot dignity from Exclamations) CAS-ual Fridays, (It's your birthday from Say What) Mama Elephant
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Die:  (Speech Bubble Border) Lawn Fawn






Mother's Day is fast approaching and I decided that the colour combo over at the Cupcake Inspirations challenge was perfect to get me motivated to start making some mom cards.  I used Altenew's Vintage Roses and a CAS-ual Fridays sentiment for this simple CAS card.  I love these flowers but I find that my Mother's Day cards always seem to have either flowers or butterflies on them.  How about you?  Any other ideas for moms?






Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink
Stamps:  (Flowers & leaves from Vintage Roses) Altenew, (Sentiment from Mum's the Word) CAS-ual Fridays
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush) Stampin' Up
Gems:  Recollections

17 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Hehe your first card is too cute Jen, fun sentiment! LOVE your pretty elegant roses, lovely lovely card!

lostinpaper said...

Both cards are fabulous but it's the hot dog card that made me literally laugh out loud, hilarious Jen!

Kristie Goulet said...

Great cards! The hot dog card is so funny!

Tina said...

beautiful moms day card...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Shelly said...

HA! Your hot dog card is just too fun! And what a beautiful Mother's day card!

Lynn said...

Love that hot dog card...the birthday hat is perfect. And the floral stamps! Wow! Perfection Jen.

Lindsey said...

The title of your blog... possibly my grandson's favourite meal! Love both your cards, but wow, those roses are stunning.

Jenny said...

Hot diggety dawg... that's my kinda card!!

Darnell said...

You can rock anything, Jen, from the sublime to the ridiculous and I love them both! Well, okay, maybe I love the hot dog wearing a party hat the best. Okay, yes, yes, I do!! Enjoy the weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

Sandy said...

Beautiful Mothers Day Card! I love purple.
Thank you for sharing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations.
- Sandy, DT Sweetie

TeamMould said...

I love this card it works perfect for the RetroSketches challenge! I love the stamps that you used. Be sure to visit my blog too!

Jessica
http://jessicalynnoriginalstamps.blogspot.com/

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

The hot dog card brings a huge smile, both cards are fabulous, Jen.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Anonymous said...

oops, just realised that your 'thanks' card was part of your last post! Love its dramatic feel, and that red on kraft is awesome too. As for your MD card, flowers and butterflies are always winners in my book. I am going with a sewing theme for my mum this year, but only because that's her thing! ;-)

Joyce said...

I am still grinning from your first card. That is so cute, and especially funny since I assume that you are around a lot of dogs all day at your job. Your second card is just gorgeous, and I must say that all my mother's day cards have flowers or butterflies also. I think I will make one with a chocolate theme. My mom or MIL would appreciate that.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Ackkkk! This RETROCKETCH, PERFECTION!!!!! FUn, Fun, FUn!!!

Ardyth said...

So pretty! I love that hot dog - really fun! And the roses are gorgeous - I really have to get that set inky and make something!

Lisa Petrella said...

Your hot dog card is so fun and cute!! And your Mother's Day card is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! Love it!