Tuesday, October 25, 2016

CASology #221


Welcome to Week 221 of CASology!  Take a look at the cue word for this week:


How adorable is this My Favourite Things piggy?  I love his little face so much!  He would certainly make me smile if I wasn't feeling so hot.  I kept him super simple by paper piecing him and then outlining him with a pink marker for a bit of dimension. Then I popped him up as well as the speech bubble and that was that!    

Looking forward to seeing what direction the cue word takes you.  Check out the gorgeousness from the rest of the design and then play along!   



This week's guest designer:


This week's sponsor:


Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that the deadline for entries is Monday at noon (CDT).


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Pink Pirouette, Smokey Slate) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Pig & sentiment from The Whole Herd) My Favourite Things
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Die:  (Speech bubble) Mama Elephant
Marker:  (Pink Pirouette) Stampin' Up
Gems:  Recollections

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Bahahahaha! He is SO cute and looks perfect against that grey background! At least he's nay-turel ;-)

Jacquie Southas said...

This little piggy is beyond adorable, Jen!! Love him in the speech bubble.

Judy1223 said...

Yep, thi sis a perfect Jen card...made me laugh, awesome coloring, super fun sentiment...always make me chuckle! You nailed the cue this week!!!

Joyce said...

I have been laughing at this card ever since I saw it on the DT blog. Seriously, every time. This is adorable.

Happy Dance said...

Playing catch up after my long absence, and just had to stop and tell you what a darling card this is!! That little pig is absolutely adorable!! And the sentiment....cracked me right up! GREAT get well card. Hope all is well with you and that you hadn't sustained too much damage from the hurricane. Thinking of you...Bev

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Ha ha ha, this is hilarious!

Karen B. said...

This made me laugh. Thank you!

Jenny said...

You're right! he has got the cutest face :) Perfect choice of card base colour... he really stands out xx

I Card Everyone said...

MAN!!! You stole my pig!! Oh, Jen, he was the first thing that came to mind - is that funny, or what? You've done it perfectly, enough said... xx
=]

Lindsey said...

LOL! This is perfect. That is all.

Lisa Elton said...

HAHA!!! Thisi is too much fun Jen and super duper CUTE!!

Darnell said...

I agree, Jen, your pig couldn't be more adorable!! Simple and delightful and sure to bring someone comfort and a smile!! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

Hahahaha ... adorable, Jen ... your little pig is perfect to send some comforting hogs to someone under the weather!! Hugs, Anita :)

Sherrie M. said...

This is awesome Jen!! So clever! You perfectly colored pig is so cute.

Bobby said...

I guess I won't be using the pig for my card, Jen, but he sure is a cutie.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Hahaha! So cute xxx

Unknown said...

This piggy is so adorable and seems very concerned by the healing of its friend ! I love your CAS card and this lovely sentiment. Thanks for sharing.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Love it, it's so fun, it made me laugh :)

Love and hugs
Maarit