Sunday, March 12, 2017

Channeling My Inner Ardyth


Hello there!  I sat down about an hour ago to write this post when boom!  Out went the power.  Strange as it is a calm, crisp evening with no wind.  Anyway I dashed upstairs to make sure mom was sorted with lanterns and water and just as we got everything together the power came back on.  Always the way isn't it?  Ah well.  I'm grateful it was just a quick outage and we'll consider it a drill for future problems.  :)  

Back to the card. I wanted to play along with Muse where we have a beautiful, bright card from Anita.  I never think to use pink and orange together but then I see it here on Anita's card and I think it's bold and a bit sassy and I love it!  I decided I was going to channel my inner Ardyth and try to break down and capture the very basics of Anita's card.  In the end I decided that was pink, orange, black and a flower and I came up with the above.  And then I saw Ardyth's Muse card and realized she completely out-Ardythed me!  Ha ha!  See what I mean about how she perfectly CASifies but still captures the essence of the Muse card?  This is why I think she (and her style) are so awesome.  


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sentiment from CL341) Hero Arts
Inks:  (Pumpkin Pie) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Fused Frame) Paper Smooches, (Flower) Lil' Inker Designs, (Circle) Reverse Confetti 
Other:  (Nuvo Ebony Black Crystal Drops) Tonic, (Glossy Accents) Ranger

8 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Nailed it!

Lisa Elton said...

What a cool frame behind your flower! Marvelous card Jen!

Jacquie Southas said...

I love the way you captured the colors & feel of Anita's card in a CAS, fresh design - very Ardythesque!

Ardyth said...

Oh, you make me laugh! I see what you're saying but there is still a strong 'Jen' feeling here. Thank you so much for the kind words and also for playing along with us! (our power went out last night too - freaky!)

Neets B said...

I agree, Ardyth is amazeballs! And I think you've done an amazing job with your card, right up my street and much more my usual style that my muse card!
Thanks so much for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

Lindsey said...

Very classy-looking! (If it was square, it might look too much like an Ardyth card! :P)

Bobby said...

You did a far better job channeling Ardyth than I could ever do, Jen. You broke Anita's card down to a fabulous and fun CAS card.

Anita in France said...

Perfect, Jen ... Ardyth-esque with a fabulous touch of Jen-ificism! Hugs, Anita :)