Sunday, March 26, 2017

Zig Flowers


I decided to give the old Zigs another try yesterday and ended up with this card based on the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  Now that I'm looking at it on screen I wish I'd done a wash around the flowers to make them pop a bit more but oh well.  Next time.  I found them a little easier to work with this time and the only thing I did differently was use a water brush instead of a regular paintbrush.  This has at least given me hope that if I keep trying I can eventually feel confident using them.  :)




Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Ranger, (Smokey Slate) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Flower & leaf from Freestyle Florals) Mama Elephant, (Sentiment from Birthday Greetings) Altenew
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Die:  (Scalloped rectangle) WPlus9
Markers:  Zigs
Gems:  Recollections
SaveSave

7 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Looks gorgeous from here Jen, I found the Zigs much easier to work with on very smooth watercolour cardstocks like the Bristol... they kind of just got 'stuck' on anything with tooth lol. I was planning on getting mine out for another run today (that is if i can get of the computer...)

Linda Callahan said...

Your flowers look great! Sweet card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Kim S said...

You've done beautifully with those Zigs! I have to admit that I excitedly purchased them thinking they'd solve my problems with watercoloring - but I still struggle!! (Of course, I really haven't practiced either!) Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Happy Dance said...

Miss Jen, you've got the Zigs down pat. I suck at watercoloring, but the Zigs has helped enormously with that...at least I hope so, lol! Your flowers are pretty, and the leaves are great, too. I like the scalloped panel and the fun font on the sentiment. This is really a great card! Keep using the Zigs, girl!! Bev

Karen B. said...

Such a fun and flirty card!

canadian_liner said...

Beautiful job colouring those flowers. I agree that a wash behind them might have set them off more, but I figure card-making is like yoga: its a PRACTICE that only gets better...

Anita in France said...

These lovely daisies are beautifully coloured, Jen ... you worked magic with your Zigs ... the shading is fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)