Monday, September 4, 2017

Bird in Wreath


I made this card a few days ago but have since been fighting off a summer cold (kindly gifted to me by my darling husband) and never got around to posting it.  However the Colour Throwdown challenge ends in a few hours so here I am at the last minute.  I'm continuing with my efforts to get ahead with Christmas cards and trying to make a few of each design (depending on how fiddly they are).  This one, being mostly die cuts, came together fairly easily so I made a few.  (Pats self on back).  Hopefully I'll have more to share later in the week.



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White, Soft Stone) Papertrey Ink, (Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Hand Lettered Holiday) My Favourite Things
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukeniko
Dies:  (Meadow bird) Memory Box, (Star Frame) Avery Elle, (Wreath) Papertrey Ink
Glitter:  (Clear Wink of Stella) Zig
Gems:  Recollections

9 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm doing the same with Christmas cards right now. Love those die cuts. Gorgeous card Jen.

Broni said...

What a great Christmas card! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty card Jen! I love the pop of red from that darling bird!

lostinpaper said...

Love a Summer cold, it's gotta be better than the record number of Winter Flu's we've had here this year.... touch wood, i've survived so far, but definitely in the firing line in ED. Hope you feel better soon, big hugs my friend x ps great card!

I Card Everyone said...

Pat away, Jen! This is sweet enough to warrant a dozen remakes! There's nothing more beautiful than a red Christmas bird!
=]

Lindsey said...

This is perfect! And so much better than a back to school card, as the prompt pic might suggest. ;) Yay you for getting a few of them made!

Anita in France said...

So sweet and festive, Jen ... great use of those fun colours! yay you getting on with Christmas cards ... me ... not so much (or rather not at all!). Hope you're feeling better soon! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

Love the layered wreath, Jen. I never know quite what to do with that PTI wreath.

Jenny said...

Great mix of die-cuts to make a wreath and love the punch of colour too :)